With God’s blessing I have decided to write a book to inspire others with Allah’s verses of the Quran as well as the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
- Lesson One I have learned in my life through God’s guidance is that truly you should never despair in Allah’s mercy. “My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful.” (39:53)
- No matter how hard things get, better days are to come as per Allah’s promise, “After every hardship comes ease,” (94:5) which once again reminds us that God’s mercy is near. He just wants to test our patience with His glory, so as to give higher ranks in Jannah, God-willing. Insha’Allah this motivates us not to think that your depression will last. No matter how hard it gets, it will get better. That is a promise from our Lord the Almighty and “truly He is Capable of all things” (5:120). This does not mean one should not get medical help as the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) mentioned in a hadith, “Tie your camel first, then rely on Allah.” (Tirmidthi) For example, take an antidepressant if needed, then rely on Allah bismillah.
- When you suffer from a flu, think of it in a good way, as the hadith mentions that sins are erased through the trial when you keep up with beautiful patience. May we all always do so ameen. The Prophet (SAW) said: “Hardships continue to befall a believing man and woman in their body, family, and property, until they meet Allah burdened with no sins.” (Tirmidthi)
- Keep company with righteous friends so you may learn from them the words of success from Allah and His Messenger and may lead a successful life and afterlife Bi’ithnillah (with the permission of Allah). Ways to Make Righteous Friends: going to a mosque, praying with them, asking questions.
- Shaytan the devil is our enemy. Allah is your Best Friend (Al Waliy). “… and sufficient is Allah as an Ally, and sufficient is Allah as a Helper.” (4:45) Do not adhere to what you know for a fact is sinful just because the devil tried to beautify it. He promises you fire (minutes of pleasure and eternal fire and misery). Allah promises you eternal bliss, gardens filled with flowing streams with all things your soul desires to lie in eternally.
- Even then if you have sinned do not despair of your Lord’s mercy as mentioned earlier. Satan does not wish for you to repent. Rather Allah is the Most Merciful. He loves those who repent. In fact, He loves them more than those who are arrogant, thinking they do nothing wrong. We are human. Forgive yourself so Allah can forgive you. The Beauty of Repentence:
…And seek God’s forgiveness! Truly God is much Forgiving and Merciful. (2:199)
Whoso does evil or oppresses his own self and thereafter seeks God’s forgiveness shall find God Most Forgiving, Merciful. (4:110)
The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) reported that the devil said to God: “I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies.” And God replied: “(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask My forgiveness.” (Tirmidthi)
God says) O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it. (Tirmidthi)
It is important to try not to repeat the sin while you know it is wrong. Try your best–that is all Allah is asking from you, and pray to Allah that He may not take your soul without having erased your sins. Truly Allah responds to all those who call upon Him:
And if My servants ask thee about Me – behold, I am near; I respond to the call of him who calls, whenever he calls unto Me: let them, then, respond unto Me, and believe in Me, so that they might follow the right way. (2:186)
“…But it may well be that you hate a thing the while it is good for you, and it may well be that you love a thing the while it is bad for you: and God knows, whereas you do not know.” (2:216)
7. We all need Reminders. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) used to pray for “sabat” or steadfastness all the time, so for sure we need it too. Prayers:
“Yaa Muqallabal Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi ‘Alaa Deeniki”
Oh Transformer of the hearts! Make my heart steadfast on Your deen!
“Allahumma Laa Taj’al MuSeebati fid deeni”
Do not grant me a calamity in my Religion Oh dear Lord of the worlds!
Pray humbly and secretly from your heart and with fear only for Allah.
Laa Takhshowhum wakh showni
Allah says: “Don’t be scared of them but fear Me.” (2:150)
8. Do not spy on others or Assume.
“Inna Ba’AdaZZanni Ithm”
Indeed, some assumption is sin. (49:12)
The consequences of this will only make your life harder when Allah wishes for you ease, a righteous life and eternal gardens.
Example: A woman spies on her husband, finds something she doesn’t like, divorces him and then regrets it.
Allah keeps things away from you for a good reason. Rather spend your time gaining Islamic knowledge. May we all end doing good deeds as truly this is all that will remain for you — your good deeds, and knowledge of Islam that you have taught through the mercy of Allah, so do not be miserly, rather share and gain sawaab.
Allah wishes for you to do good deeds so as to enter His gardens. Yet you choose the opposite way and complain. Still Allah is Merciful and accepts your repentance. Now follow the Quran slowly in stages and the Sunnah if you want higher ranks in heaven.
—You want eternal happiness, this is the way.
—You want only temporary happiness, Allah is still Merciful and will give it to you, but you get no share in the hereafter.
That’s why a beautiful dua is: “Allah give us the good of this world (peace through good deeds), the good of the hereafter (jannah: eternal bliss), and keep us away from the fire (punishment for evil deeds).
You get the shares you work for with implementation of Quran and Sunnah in your life.
9. Life is nothing more than a test. So don’t be too hard on yourself for finding the perfect job, the perfect wife, etc.
–Rather find the righteous job, the righteous wife, and pray for “Barakah”. Barakah, or Divine Blessing, is more important than quantity. Quality over quantity here matters SubHanAllah.
–If you do not get it right away and you are following Quran and Sunnah as much as you can, then do not despair. Rather be patient and keep praying. “…Seek (Allah’s) help with patience and prayer: and most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones.” (Holy Quran 2:45)
May we all be one of them.
It only means Allah has something amazing for you for your patience and perseverance. Wait and be surprised. This world is temporary and the hereafter is eternal; it’s worth it.
10. The Power of Ayat Al Kursy
It was reported that if said after each prayer one will enter Jannah. “Whoever recites Aayatul Kursi after every Fard (Fard Salah),… …only death is keeping him/her from entering Jannah. (As soon as he/she dies, will enter Jannah) (Nisa’i, Ibne Habban, Ibnelsani A’n Abi Amatah Albahili Radiallah Anhu)
May Allah remind us all of it after each prayer.
11. Power of Surah Al Mulk
If recited every night, may Allah remind us, all or at least whenever we can Ya Rabb, it keeps you away from the torment of the grave. And as we know from Prophet Muhammad (SAW) it is the worst of torments. May Allah keep us all away from its punishment through good deeds and remembering to recite Al Mulk when we can, Ameen.
12. Jumuah, the Power of Righteousness in Jumuah Friday Prayer.
Praying in the Mosque on Friday brings upon you blessings. May Allah remind us all. It is not so important for women but for men it is really a blessing.
13. Do not bring about Reminders of your good. Such attributes are a form of arrogance that is only reserved for Allah the Almighty. “O you who have believed, do not invalidate your charities with reminders or injury as does one who spends his wealth [only] to be seen by the people and does not believe in Allah and the Last Day.” (2:264). May Allah forgive us all.
14. Pray. Read. Good Deeds.
Prayer = Success. Remember the meaning of the Adhan: “Hurry to Success!” Why would you not? Why complain? Complain to Allah. He may send you His servant to guide you insha’Allah, or what you need. May He guide us all.
Read the Quran and Sunnah. Follow on social media. There are many reminder groups. Just type Quran/Sunnah and you will find many.
15. Dua Break:
Finally Allah don’t take us to account if we forget or do evil.
Forgive us with your mercy.
Do not give us more than what we can handle.
Give us Your mercy. You are our Ally so save us from the disbelievers.
Allah may You not keep our hearts attached to anything but you Ameen.
Bless us with Your love and the love of those You love ameen.
Grant us ease of trials in this life. Make us pass them so as to reach the highest Jannah with Prophet Muhammad (SAW). With grace ameen.
Barak Allaho Feekom,
Wa fee deenokom,
May Allah bless you in your religion, in your life, and afterlife Ameen.
May Allah grant us all contentment in this life and the one to come in His highest Jannah Ameen.
May we all meet in the highest Jannah with the mercy of Allah on us in this life and the life to come Ameen.
16. Health Tips:
–Eat 7 dates to prevent yourself from evil eye and black magic ( Al-Bukhaari (5445) and Muslim (2047) narrated from Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqqaas that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever eats seven ‘ajwah dates in the morning, will not be harmed by any poison or witchcraft that day.” )
–Use sewak to clean your teeth. A great book for reference is Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet available on Amazon.
–Drink hot drinks with honey
–Use black seed oil and olive oil
–Rose water is so refreshing! I have tried it myself once sprayed on my face. It’s amazing if drank with cold water; very refreshing and with warm water, very cozy.
–Rose water oil when rubbed on the liver very cleansing, or rose oil as the Prophet Mohammed (SAW) said.
–Ginger ginger ginger and more ginger sobHanAllah works on the stomach and cough like a miracle!
–Green tea a great way to wake up–Running : a great way to relax when feeling restless – sounds contradicting but very correct, in fact have you ever felt less worried after you took a run?