What is this amazing Dhikr (Remembrance) of Allah? It is:
أعوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ
A’uuthu Billaahi MinashshayTaanir Rajeem
“I seek the protection of Allah from Satan the outcast”
Below is the link of a great youtube video by Shaykh Yassir Qadhi that explains this Dhikr in more detail. In this video, Shaykh Qadhi explains that saying “A’uuthu Billaahi MinashshayTaanir Rajeem” protects us from the tricks of Shaytan.
These tricks of Shaytan (recorded in the Quran and Hadiths) include:
1. He causes us to forget important things (so saying this dhikr improves our memory)
2. He causes us to feel lazy and sleepy (so saying this dhikr gives us more energy)
3. He causes us to feel terrified/scared (so saying this dhikr gives us more optimism)
4. He causes us to procrastinate/delay our duties (so saying this dhikr gives us more productivity)
5. He causes us to have bad thoughts and temptations (so saying this dhikr gives us spiritual strength)
6. He causes us to feel angry (so saying this dhikr helps us to stay calm)
7. He causes us to be distracted during our prayers (so saying this dhikr helps us to focus more on our prayers)
A’uuthu Billaahi MinashshayTaanir Rajeem can be said at any time, even if you don’t have a clear reason. It is also good to say this dhikr when:
a. reading the Quran
b. entering the masjid
c. beginning prayer
d. entering the restroom
e. visiting a new place
Please remember to say this dhikr whenever you are facing any problem. Turn your problems into your best friends by using them to remember Allah (swt), by saying this blessed dhikr!
Very nice and important dhikr sister thank you
Thank you for your positive comment 🙂
Jazakallahu alfa khair sister Sheima.
Wa iyaa kum Br. Burhan 🙂
You’re amazing sister thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with the rest of us during our difficult times. Please make dua for my sister she’s been suffering from an illness for quite some time and she’s very young. Thank you
Thank you dear sister for your kind words. I will make duaa for your sister. May Allah help you and give her good health. Ameen.
Mash Allah, I saw your video about the video of your dream of the Prophet psu. May Allah bless you.
May Allah bless you too. Thank you for your kind words.
Mashallah.may allah grant u jannat ul firdaus.inshallah
May Allah grant you jannatul firdaus as well, ameen!
May Allah grant you the same, ameen 🙂